Who is running the competition?
The Promoter is Adventure Tours Australia (ABN: 35 007 172 456) Level 7, 567 Collins Street, Melbourne, Victoria, 3000.
When will the competition start and end?
The competition starts at 12.01am (AEST) on 03/09/2018 and ends at 11.59pm (AEST) on 31/10/2018 (the Competition Period).
Who can enter?
Only Australian residents aged over 18 are eligible to enter this competition.
Who can't enter?
Directors, officers, management and employees of: (a) the Promoter; or (b) the agencies or companies associated with this competition, and their immediate families, can't enter.
Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
Where will the competition be run?
This competition is only open to Australian residents aged 18 years or over.
The competition will run online at www.adventuretours.com.au/top-end-comp
What do I need to do to enter?
To enter, individuals must visit www.adventuretours.com.au/top-end-comp input the requested details and submit the fully completed entry form so that it is received during the Promotional Period. They can also enter via a Facbook lead ad or through the Rok’t platform.
Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
Only one (1) entry is permitted per person.
How many winners will there be and how will they be chosen?
There will be 1 winner determined in respect of this promotion.
The draw will be held at 12pm (AEST) on 02/11/2018 at Level 7, 567 Collins Street, Melbourne, Victoria 3000.
The first valid entry drawn randomly from the entries received during the Competition Period will win the prize.
The Promoter may draw additional reserve entries and record them in order, in case the winning entry/entrant is deemed invalid, or a prize is unclaimed (Reserve Entrants).
What can I win?
There is 1 prize available.
The prize is a trip for 2 (two) people, (travellers must be aged 18+) on the 5 Day Top End and Arnhem Land Adventure tour including return economy flights from their closest Australian capital city.
Details of the Prize:
Meals included: 4 breakfasts, 5 lunches, 4 dinners
Transport: All Terrain vehicle
Accommodation: Permanent tented camp (with shared facilities) (3 nights), Camping (with shared facilities) (1 night)
- Guluyambi Cultural Cruise
- Mawurndaddja rock art and occupation complex
- Jim Jim Falls Walk
- Twin Falls Walk
- Twin Falls Gorge River shuttle
- Maguk (Barramundi Gorge)
- Edith Falls
- Buley Rockholes
- Florence Falls
- Litchfield National Park
- Wangi Falls
The prize is available on any departure before 30 June 2019.
The prize is provided on a twin share basis. No extension is available and the prize cannot be transferred to another person.
Any request to change the tour to a different Adventure Tours tour will be at the discretion of Intrepid Travel and is not guaranteed. Intrepid Travel is not responsible for prize winners who do not claim the prize by the book by date.
The prize, or any unused portion of the prize, cannot be taken as cash.
Flights will be booked by Adventure Tours.
The airline will be chosen by Intrepid Travel. Return economy flights will be booked from closest Australian capital city.
Any changes to the flights will incur additional charges, for example but not limited to: if the winner wishes to fly with an alternative carrier, include a stopover or upgrade to business class. Please note that frequent flyer points will not be earned on the flights.
The winner and their travelling companion must travel on the same flights & the same tour departure.
The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Total prize pool
Total prize pool value is $3,000.
Prize pool value is based on a high season tour departure and return economy airfares, as quoted on 20 August 2018. The prize value may fluctuate based on available airfares at time of booking and tour availability.
How and when will the winner be informed?
If you are a winner, you will be notified by email in writing within two days of the draw and your name will be published at www.adventuretours.com.au/top-end-comp on 02/11/2018 for a period of 28 days.
If I win, when must I claim my prize?
You must claim your prize by 5pm (AEST) on 07/11/2018.
What if I don't claim my prize on time?
If the prize has not been accepted or claimed by 5pm (AEST) on 07/11/2018, the relevant entry will be discarded.
What are the prize booking conditions?
This prize cannot be used on existing bookings or in conjunction with any other discounts or special offers.
The tour must be booked and confirmed at least 56 days prior to departure.
Travel must be arranged by the winner contacting Adventure Tours directly. Details will be provided to the prize winner directly. This prize cannot be booked through a travel agent or online.
Adventure Tours trips are subject to availability and confirmation by Adventure Tours. Itineraries and inclusions are subject to change without notice. Tour details can be found at: https://www.adventuretours.com.au/australia/kakadu-katherine-litchfield-adventure-111338
The prize is subject to the standard terms and conditions of individual prize and service providers.
A minimum of 4 travellers must be confirmed on the Adventure Tours trip for the prize winner booking to be confirmed on their requested date, please check at time of booking.
Travel Insurance is required to be held by all Adventure Tours travellers & is not included in the prize.
Prize does not include travel insurance, any additional meals, any extra sightseeing or activities, any additional accommodation, personal spending money, passports, travel visas required, any other transport as required to and from departure point, single supplement and all other ancillary costs, as well as obtaining any of these, are the responsibility of the winner and their travel companions.
Once booked, any changes made to the booking may incur a cancellation fee or amendment fee, at the cost of the winner.
Standard booking conditions apply. Please refer to the Booking Conditions on Adventure Tours website https://www.adventuretours.com.au/booking-conditions
NSW Permit number LTPS/18/27341
General entry conditions
1. These Terms and Conditions incorporate and must be read together with the details outlined in the table above.
2. Information about prizes and how to enter forms part of these Terms and Conditions. By entering, you accept these Terms and Conditions.The Promoter/s shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with the prize except for any liability, which cannot be excluded by law.
3. The Promoter will not be responsible for any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information communicated in the course of or in connection with this promotion if the deficiency is occasioned by any cause outside the reasonable control of the Promoter including without limitation technical malfunctions or failures.
4. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion. In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency, disaster or any other circumstance beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right to either provide an alternative travel destination to the same value as the original prize or, subject to any applicable laws or written directions made under applicable legislation, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion. Please note that the Peregrine Adventures marketing team may contact the winner post travel for feedback on the trip.
5. It is the winner’s responsibility to ensure that they have valid documentation, including but not limited to valid identification, which meets the requirements of any government authorities at the destination. Any fines, penalties, payments or expenditures incurred as a result of such documents not meeting the requirements of those authorities will be the sole responsibility of the winners.
6. If the prize (or part of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
7. Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
8. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
9. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
10. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
11. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of:
(a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control)
(b) any theft, unauthorised access or third-party interference;
(c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter;
(d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions;
(e) if any of the informal presentations or any elements of the trip are delayed, postponed or cancelled for any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter;
(f) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or
(g) taking/redeeming or participating in any element of the prize.
12. As a condition of accepting the prize, the winner (and his/her companion) must sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter and/or prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
Collection and use of your personal information
14. The laws of Australia apply to this promotion to the exclusion of any other law. Entrants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Australia.