Big cities, surf towns, wineries and wilderness – experience the beauty and diversity of Australia’s east coast.
Explore wilderness, discover wildlife and indulge in wine on this laid-back adventure from the iconic cityscapes of Sydney to Queensland’s capital of Brisbane. Sample cheese and chocolate as you venture through the picturesque Hunter Valley, get up close to cute and cuddly koalas in an animal hospital near Port Macquarie, hike down for a dip in cascading waters at the beautiful Dangar Falls and hang loose in the bustling beachside town of Byron. From city to surf, wineries to waterfalls, take an epic road-trip that hits all the highlights in just one week.
- Brisbane, Australia
- Brisbane, Australia
- New South Wales, East Coast, Queensland
- Physical rating
- Min 8
- Group size
- Min 1, Max 16
Why you'll love this trip
Keep your eye out for kangaroos on your way to a cheese, chocolate and wine-filled lunch in the chilled-out Hunter Valley – a picturesque region in the rural hills of New South Wales.
Soak up the beachside vibes of Byron Bay with a free day in this surfer’s haven. Go for a dip in the ocean, listen to buskers by the beach, join a yoga class or just hang loose in a quirky cafe – it’s a hard life!
Set sail along the azure waters of Port Macquarie on an incredible sunset cruise. Keep an eagle eye out for local pods of dolphins as you enjoy the perfect end to a scenic day.
Get in touch with Australia’s wilderness and wildlife. Meet cute and cuddly koalas at an animal hospital and explore rainforest and waterfalls in Dorrigo National Park.
Enjoy amazing local food including a 'farm to plate' experience in beautiful Byron Bay. Head out and collect local ingredients before indulging in a healthy and delicious dinner.
Is this trip right for you?
Meals5 breakfasts, 2 dinners
AccommodationHotel (4 nights), Pub (1 night) Motel (1 night)
- Hunter Valley wine, cheese, chocolate and organic vodka distillery tour
- Wildlife Park
- Port Macquarie sunset cruise
- Dangar Falls
- Gumbaynggirr Aboriginal experience
- Koala Hospital - Port Macquaire
- Byron Bay farm to plate organic dinner
Dates & availability
Trip search is unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Sydney to Brisbane Northbound trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
Jump to a departure month
1. Please meet your guide in the lobby of your Sydney hotel at approx. 2pm on day one for a brief joining meeting.
2. A single supplement is available for each night of this trip.
3. This itinerary is the first section of a longer 14 day Sydney to Cairns trip. Please see trip code PVOSC
4. This itinerary is the first section of a longer 18 day East Coast Encompassed trip. Please see trip code PVSCD
Essential trip information
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information