Spend a week taking in the magical sights of Northern and Central Australia
From the dusty landscapes of Australia’s red centre to the bushlands and billabongs of the north, this part of the country is full of surprises at each turn. Uncover relics of the past at ancient indigenous sites such as Mawurndaddja, hike through the ochre clefts of Kings Canyon and splash in the watering holes of Kakadu.
- Yulara, Australia
- Darwin, Australia
- Northern Territory, Uluru, Outback, Kakadu
- Explorer, Overland, Wildlife
- Physical rating
- Min 8
- Group size
- Min 1, Max 24
Why you'll love this trip
Join an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Guide on a walk around the base of Uluru, an experience exclusive to Intrepid Travel
Visit Arnhem Land and spend an entire day in the hands of a local First Nations Guide
This trips provides you with the best guides in the business who know the Australian outback like the back of their hand
Feel like you're in your own bed, but under the stars of the Red Centre. Proper beds, linen, electricity, and cooling fans provide that extra bit of comfort while you camp
Wander through the iconic domes of Kata Tjuta, and gaze in awe at the sacred rock of Uluru
Dine under the stars and camp within privately owned sites on the red earth of the outback
Hike through natural amphitheatres, rocky chasms and lush oases in Kings Canyon
Is this trip right for you?
This itinerary is valid for departures from 01 April 2018 to 31 March 2019. View the itinerary for departures between 01 April 2019 - 31 March 2020
Meals4 breakfasts, 5 lunches, 4 dinners
AccommodationHotel (2 nights), Permanent, furnished tented camp (with shared facilities) (4 nights)
- Uluru & Kata Tjuta National Park Entrance
- Uluru sunset drinks
- Uluru Cultural Centre
- Kings Canyon Rim Walk
- Airport Transfers
- Litchfield National Park
- Florence Falls
- Buley Rockholes
- Wangi Falls
- Inuluk Arts Centre
- Mawurndaddja rock art and occupation complex
- Guluyambi Cultural Cruise
- Maguk (Barramundi Gorge)
- Gunlom Falls
- Yellow Waters Cruise
Dates & availability
Trip search is unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Uluru to Kakadu and Arnhem Land (ex Yulara) trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
Jump to a departure month
1. Trip commences in Alice Springs on day 1 at 6:00am and finishes in Darwin on day 7 at approximately 6pm.
2. For the Kings Canyon Rim Walk it is a requirement that you have a minimum of 3 litres of water with you. Please consider bringing your own refillable water bottles.
3. The Top End & Kakadu portion of this trip has a strict luggage limit of 10kg. Excess luggage can not be carried however, it can be stored at Darwin accommodation.
4. This trip runs in reverse see code POOKC
5. You can also join this trip in Yulara (Uluru) on Day 1; see tour code POOUC