Tour Western Australia's serene coastline and rugged wilderness.
A colossal land replete with natural attractions, Western Australia's vast expanses and unique landscapes will surprise you at every turn. From the serene shorelines of Broome and Shell Beach and freshwater swimming holes of Karijini National Park to Ningaloo’s vibrant reef, this 10-day Broome to Perth adventure really does make for an unforgettable road trip. Discover the hidden grottoes and rock pools of the Pilbara, dip into the crystalline waters of Turquoise Bay and admire the world's oldest living organisms in Kalbarri before finishing up in laidback Perth. Covering an immense distance at a leisurely pace, this trip serves as the perfect getaway for those looking to unearth some of Australia's most serene delights.
- Yulara, Australia
- Yulara, Australia
- Northern Terriory,The Outback,Uluru
- Physical rating
- Min 8
- Group size
- Min 6, Max 24
Why you’ll love this trip
- Join an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Guide on a walk to the Mutijulu waterhole at Uluru, an experience exclusive to Intrepid Travel
- The ancient formations of Kata Tjuta and the monumental Uluru are synonymous with the quintessential Australian landscape
- Enjoy a locally sourced dinner under the stars and camp on the vast red earth of the outback, well away from civilisation
- Guided walks at Kata Tjuta and around Uluru provide insight into the history and spirituality of the First Peoples of Australia
Is this trip right for you?
- Permanent safari camp (with shared facilities) (1 night)
An early start today is rewarded with an Uluru sunrise. While the morning is fresh, enjoy a walk around the base of Uluru. After your stroll, we walk to the cave paintings near Mutitjulu Waterhole at the base of Uluru. You will be in the hands of an Anangu guide who will share the stories of this unique landscape and explain the Art, the Culture and connection to Land. The on-site Cultural Centre also houses an extensive collection of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander arts and crafts for you to browse. Perhaps purchase some art and craft of the First Peoples of Australia at the Uluru Cultural Centre before ending your tour at the Ayers Rock Resort.
Notes: Please do not book a flight departing prior to 12:30pm
- Maruku Arts cultural experience
- Uluru Base Walk
The Anangu people have dissuaded visitors from climbing Uluru for decades; as traditional owners of the land they feel a deep responsibility for everyone who travels to the area. In 1998 we were among the first tour operators to stop climbing Uluru.
The Intrepid Group are proud to be involved with local communities in Uluru and to have an ongoing commitment to providing employment for the Anangu people. You show respect when you choose not to climb Uluru, but walk with Anangu throughout the area and share their stories instead.
Dates & availability
Trip search is unavailable.
1. Tour commences in Yulara (Ayers Rock Resort) on day 1 from 1:00pm and finishes in Yulara at approximately 12pm on day two, outbound flights should be booked after 12:30pm.
2. Please note pick up times from Ayers Rock Resort do vary at different times of the year due to daylight savings and flight time changes.
Essential trip information
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information