Experience Western Australia’s amazing Coastline, in less than a week.
Australia’s West Coast stands alone as a remote, stunning and truly unforgettable region. The 5-night Perth to Exmouth Adventure hugs much of the state’s coastline where the outback meets some of the most deserted, yet pristine beaches in the world. Meet the local dolphins at Monkey Mia, enjoy spectacular vistas along Kalbarri National Park’s skywalk, and snorkel your way along the marine paradise that is Turquoise Bay. Western Australia’s Ningaloo Reef and its coastline appears endless and whilst there’s a lot driving to get you there, the rewards are well-worth the wait.
- Perth City, Australia
- Exmouth, Australia
- West Coast,Western Australia
- New trips
- Physical rating
- Min 18
- Group size
- Min 8, Max 24
Why you’ll love this trip
- Visit Cape Range National Park, home to Ningaloo Reef and to the whale sharks (seasonal) – one of only to locations in the world to see swim with them.
- Spend time at seaside towns of Coral Bay and Exmouth, your access points to amazing Western Australian beaches and the world-class Ningaloo Reef.
- Visit Monkey Mia in the Shark Bay region, where local dolphins have been visiting the beach for decades.
- Enjoy the flexibility of a private vehicle and the expert knowledge of a passionate local guide.
Is this trip right for you?
- This is a ‘no frills’ West Coast experience. You’ll spend some nights of the trip sleeping at multi-share accommodation that may be mixed gender dormitories. While conditions can be basic, this is all part of the adventure.
- This trip requires a moderate level of fitness, as it involves a lot of walking allowing you to really experience nature.
- On some days of the trip, you will spend several hours driving, often through very sparse areas of desert. Sit back and enjoy landscapes that you would miss in any other form of travel, and please read the itinerary carefully for travel time estimates.
- Temperatures in Western Australia can be extreme. During the day the weather can be hot (and the Australian sun is strong) so please bring appropriate clothing, use sun protection, swimsuit and a towel, and drink plenty of water. In the evenings temperatures really drop, so ensure you have warm clothes.
- All times and distances are subject to road and weather conditions.
Free-spirited, we cruise up the Coral Coast, where ironically, it feels like our adventure begins in the desert. Stop at Nambung National Park for a guided tour of The Pinnacles, where ancient limestone spires, jut spookily out of the desert. It’s then on to Geraldton, a township renowned for rock lobster, pearls and shipwrecks, if time permits enjoy a visit to the pink lake (seasonal) before spending the night in Kalbarri.
Hostel (1 night) Kalbarri
Nambung National Park (Pinnacles) Entrance
The total driving time today is about 6.5 hours and approximately 600km. The total walking distance is approximately 2km.
With endless beauty, it’s easy to imagine dinosaurs roaming the ancient interconnecting gorges of Kalbarri National Park. Carved out by the Murchison River and lined with red river gums, the towering cliffs are striped with a blood-red hue and contrast spectacularly with the azure hidden waterholes. The best vantage points are from Nature’s Window and Z-Bend lookouts, or for the ultimate rush, there’s the option of abseiling down. Toast the day in Denham, the gateway to Shark Bay.
Hostel (1 night) Monkey Mia
Kalbarri National Park Entrance
The total driving time today is about 5.5 hours and approximately 470km. The total walking distance is approximately 5km.
Be blown away by the mysterious creatures of the big blue at Monkey Mia. With over 4000 square kilometres along the seabed, it’s literally splendour in the seagrass, attracting the likes of turtles, whale sharks, bottlenose dolphins and dugongs. The wonder continues with the three billion-year-old Stromatolites, creating a carpet-like sculpture beside the sea at Hamelin Pool. Watch the sun sink, and the stars come out at Coral Bay.
Hostel (1 night) Coral Bay
Monkey Mia Dolphins
The total driving time today is about 6.5 hours. The total walking distance is approximately 2km.
The day is yours to explore paradise on Earth at Ningaloo Reef. You can float the day away but remember to put your head under to see an explosion of colour, thanks to the 250 species of coral and over 500 species of fish. For those braver, choose to do a boat tour (additional cost), swim beside turtles and manta rays, or go for a snorkel on the Ningaloo Reef, only metres from the shore. Blissfully salty and sandy, we spend a night in Exmouth.
Hostel (1 night) Exmouth
Ningaloo Reef Marine Park
- Snorkel with Manta Rays – half-day trip
- Beach Snorkelling (at own expense)
- Whale Watching – 3 hours (seasonal)
- Glass Bottom Boat Cruises from
The total driving time today is about 2 hours and approximately 185km. The total walking distance is approximately 2km.
After breakfast, you can choose to swim with the whale sharks (additional cost), who are well known for being the gentle giants of the ocean. Or, spend the day exploring Cape Range National Park, the result of ancient reefs pushing out from under the sea. Known for its contrasting scenery of rugged limestone ranges, deep canyons and beautiful beaches, you’ll spot wildlife such as emus, euros, red kangaroos, bungarras, bustards and various birds. Take multiple dips at Turquoise Bay before revelling in the last golden rays setting on the horizon at Vlamingh Head Lighthouse.
Hostel (1 night) Exmouth
- Snorkel with the Whalesharks (own expense)
- Snorkel at Turquoise Bay (own expense)
The total driving time today is about 2 hours and approximately 180km. The total walking distance is approximately 2km.
If you get up very early, join your fellow travellers for the last meal of the tour. Your tour ends this morning.
If your onward travel includes a flight, the drive time from Exmouth to Learmonth Airport (LEA) is 30 minutes. Exmouth Bus Charter provides transfers to the airport. For more information, please contact: 08 9949 4623
If your onward travel includes a coach to Perth, Broome or another location along the West Coast, please get in touch with Integrity Coachlines on 08 9274 7464.
The total driving time today is about 0.5 hour or 26 km. There are no walks today.
Dates & availability
Trip search is unavailable.
Jump to a departure date
- Tour commences in Perth on Day 1 at 7 am and finishes in Exmouth (Day 6) at approximately 7am
- A strict luggage limit of 15 kg applies. Please bring a soft-sided bag only.
- The accommodation on this trip is in mixed-gender multi-share hostels. The minimum age for this trip is 18 years old.
Essential trip information
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information