So, you want to write for Outback Yarns? Great!
We’re always keen to hear from travellers who want to share their stories, insider info and city tips from their travels around Australia. Whether it’s an essay, photo journal, or top ten list, we want to hear from you!
What we’re looking for
Articles that inspire our Adventure Tours Australia audience to explore this wide, brown (and green and red and blue) land, or help them plan for an upcoming trip, with tips, stories and photos about the states and territories we travel to (check out our website for a full list). And if you’ve travelled on an Adventure Tours Australia trip, even better!
What’s in it for you?
This is an awesome opportunity to get published by a global travel brand (talk about bragging rights!). If your piece is published, it’ll be accompanied by your byline, a headshot and bio. Oh, and we’ll pay you for it too.
A few things to think about before you pitch
- Make sure we travel to the city, state or territory you want to write about.
- Have a look at Outback Yarns to double check your idea hasn’t already been covered.
- Adventure Tours Australia are leaders in responsible, small group travel, so content on Outback Yarns should tie in with that concept.
- Please complete the form below to pitch your idea/s to our editors (please don’t submit finished articles – we’d hate for you to waste your time writing something we may not publish).
- We want authentic, original writing. We’re looking for articles with personality and real, first-hand knowledge of a destination or experience.
- We can’t accept anything that’s already been published online (including your personal blog).
- If our editors think your idea’s a good one, they’ll be in touch with more details regarding contributor guidelines and payment information.
- We receive a LOT of pitches from travellers and writers every day, so please be patient, and don’t be disappointed if we decide not to follow through on your idea.
Got all that? And have a great idea you’re busting to share? Fill out the form below to submit your pitch to our editors.
Please note that because of the volume of submissions we receive, our editors will only contact successful submissions.